Our mission is to help schools realize the goal of being communities that both inspire and support students to be passionate about their learning while preparing them to play active and productive roles in their world. It is our belief that this is best accomplished within the framework of a student-centered approach to education.
NISCE provides opportunities and platforms for education professionals to share ideas about trends in education and for students, parents and teachers to share their observations, thoughts and feelings on how those trends are playing out at the school level. NISCE will advocate for public policies and funding that promote a more student centered approach to education and will offer training in the critical elements of this approach to schools and parents.
- Develop student-centered programs and resources for educators and families.
- Create a powerful forum to convene a broad range of constituencies interested in student-centered education.
- Provide resources for schools nation-wide to gather information on trends in student-centered education.
- Drive commitment to student-centered education from educators, administrators, and families.
- Engage the national press by framing and promoting discussions around critical issues in education
- Support schools with families facing difficult educational decisions
- take full advantage of new, research-based knowledge about learning.
- account for the role of variability within learners when building curricula.
- find ways to create meaningful relationships between educators, students and parents.
- design practices and environments to actively engage each learners.
- diligently assess each student’s ongoing progress and learning growth.
- celebrate student perseverance towards meeting high expectations.
- make learning authentic to ignite creativity and a passion to learn.